Monday, November 26, 2007

Recent videos

Ok so 3 new videos since I promised a video a while back and then never got it up here. If you decide to just watch one, watch the last one.
Friday's video is teaching Venus to jump with me close to the jump. She didn't like the idea and would hesitate to jump at first. She'll get better though so we are working on it.

Sunday's video we are working various things. First lead outs, I wanted to go to one side and have her still take the obstacles in front of her. Some of Friday's new stuff added in a small sequence. Last part is me getting ahead of Venus. This really increases her speed and she thinks it's great. I just have to trust her to do what is behind me and not cheat by going around. So you love the shed "obstacle"? I figured she loves to chase her brother around it so why not use it.

Today's (Monday) video we went over to Beth's to work on her equipment. This is the first good video I've gotten of Venus on the contacts. I am very happy with the teeter and dog walk, although you will see a running contact in the video it isn't what I wanted her to do. She is supposed to do 2o2o because I don't trust her not to bail off. I put it in the video anyway because it's pretty. She does the a-frame two different ways. When she jumps over the top her striding is just right to stride down once more into the yellow and then off. If she doesn't jump it her striding is just above the yellow and I have to make sure she comes on down instead of off. Plans are to build my a-frame this weekend and then I can encourage the one I like more. (The last A-frame clip is my favorite.)

Brandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you get a new toy you'd like to share with the class?