Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Lesson on Monday

I have been wondering hwen I would have time to train Venus away from home again before next weekends trial. I had forgotten we have a lesson on Monday so I will hopefully work some stuff out there. Venus and I take a monthly private lesson with Rhonda Carter and we are going to a 3 hour workshop of hers the following week.
So here's my list of things to work on:
1) Venus not cutting me off, if she isn't sure where to go next she zips in front of me and jumps up. She almost tripped me at the trial several times.
2) Me giving commands earlier than what I have been
3) Me actually using commands that I know she knows, I tend to forget and give her less commands that have broader meanings
4) Weave entries when she's excited

I am going to move my weave poles along with a jump and tunnel into the front yard. We've never trained out there so I think it's a good place for her to work on focusing and she should be excited enough to go fast. I'll set that up tonight or tomorrow at lunch and get a video.
Brandy

No comments: