Monday, November 12, 2007

Venus is in season :(

Of course as my luck would have it Venus came in season today. This really messes up a bunch of things I had planned for us.
Our lesson tonight was canceled so I asked Beth (our regular instructor) if we could come work the broad jump to get ready for the trial this weekend anyways. We got to go do that so she has seen a real broad jump now, yay! She did very well with it and didn't seem to have a problem. She did very nice on all the other obstacles this evening also. She held her dog walk contacts and hit them on the eay up, very nice a-frame, weaves went well with just a little entry problem, and the teeter was nice.
It was very nice to prepare us for this weekend, and then to find out for sure Venus is in season. I am so bummed that we have to pull from the trial this weekend as we were really looking forward to it. I didn't even enter Clover in conformation so I could focus on agility with Venus plus Clo was blowing coat.
Our lesson with Rhonda has been moved to Monday and Venus should be able to do that one. Next Friday we have the workshop and I don't think Venus can do that so I will take Clover instead. The problem with taking Clover is that I'm not really running her anymore. I can't work specific issues between Venus and I if I have Clover there but it's better than not doing it at all. I will plan on taking notes on the courses we run so that way I can work them at home with Venus.
It looks like our next AKC trial won't be until late January and I'm not sure if I can get the time off work or if I want to go to the mountains in January. I don't do well with snow.

Just because I have no good agility videos to share I'll post this one. It shows how much hair has come off of Clover.


Brandy

No comments: