Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Distance



Today I worked Venus with some distance work. She did pretty well. I had a hard time releasing her from the dog walk but had I used "ok" which is her release work it might have gone better. I loved her doing the nice 2o2o at the bottom even though I was far away.

Weaves were pretty fast tonight most of the time. She was happy to do them which is always a plus. Clover hates the weaves and likes to avoid them I have have put in a lot of time with Venus and getting her to love the weaves.

After I got her to quit turning into me on the line of jumps before she did them all then we worked on when I did want her to turn away. It was a very tight turn to get her away from the tunnel at the end but she did it fine.

Venus has her very first NADAC trial this weekend. This will be her 2nd time ever competing in agility and she's only run one run before. This will be her first time at a trial doing contacts so we will see how it goes. She's entered in 4 novice runs: regular, jumpers, weavers, and tunnelers. I also have Clover entered in novice tunnelers.

And just for fun some Halloween pics of Bacchus! He is feeling left out.



No comments: