Thursday, January 17, 2008

No Lesson but Practice

Our lesson with Ronda was cancelled this week. I was stressed about not getting one more practice in before the trial so Beth let me come out on Monday. She gave me a few sequences to work.

Venus held her dog walk contact well which is what I was worried most about. Bars stayed up, weaves were good, and she was paying attention. She is actually starting to look for obstacles so I was able to do have her do a pinwheel while I stayed to one side of it. I then worked her on just the serpentine part of it so that I could get either or out of her.

Sunday is our trial and I'm very excited. I had been so pumped for the trial back in Nov when Venus came in season and we haven't had a chance for an AKC trials since then. This will be Venus' first standard AKC run and her 2nd AKC jumpers run. Wish us luck! I plan on posting as soon as we get home and hopefully I can get someone to video.

And just for fun, Venus' newest trick:


Brandy

No comments: