Monday, January 21, 2008

BTCA Trial

Ok, so we went and did the trial in Sanford yesterday after lots of stress. On Friday they were predicting 2-4 inches of snow here and worse to the south and east of us. Guess where Sanford is? So I was trying to decide if I needed to drive over while it was snowing on Saturday and get a hotel or just wait here and try in the morning. When I looked at the premium list there was only one hotel that allowed dogs. I figured it was probably booked so I stayed home to wait and see. The roads were fine in the morning so we drove down.
Our first run was jumpers. It looked like a nice course with a couple of front crosses. The problem was the very first obstacle. It was a curved tunnel followed by a double. In excellent several of the people that led out the dogs came to them instead of in the tunnel. Since Venus had problems getting in the tunnels at the show and go I didn't want to risk it. I had to start with her on my left but then quickly needed her back on my right. I didn't want to rear cross the double because I thought she might knock a bar. The plan was to do a front or blind cross after the tunnel. That didn't happen and I messed her all up.
Second run was standard. Another nice course where I decided to be a really bad handler and try to mess my dog up. Our goal was for Venus to hold her dog walk contact which she did!
So final results are better than expected. Venus Qed in both standard and JWW and came in 2nd in both.
Our next trial is this Friday!


Brandy

No comments: