Thursday, December 13, 2007

Monday's lesson

Our lesson on Monday with Rhonda went well. It was Venus and 3 excellent level BCs lol, kind of an interesting group. Venus can be fast but she doesn't compare to the speed of those dogs but she did have the advantage of tighter turns. She will wrap around a jump to switch directions beautifully if I just hang back a little.
There was a sequence that was the dog walk to 3 jumps. I decided to send her on the dog walk and I would get on the other side of the 1st jump and do a front cross. She didn't pull off the dog walk even though I was moving away from her. I was very happy to see that. She did hesitate to make sure where I wanted her but as soon as I told her to go bottom she did and held it until I released her.
We have to work weave entries! We worked a very similar thing Monday as we had in the weavers course on Sunday- a 90 degree right turn to the weaves. She was entering from the wrong side. Once she entered correctly she did a great job doing all the weaves. She doesn't seem to be one to pop out of the poles, yay.

This Saturday I'm going to try and make it to a show and go. I think they will have excellent and novice courses set up so I may try Venus doing the excellent courses. I'm also going to try and see what I can get her to go there.
Brandy

No comments: