Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Seminar and Lessons

Ok, so let's start with the Silvia Trkman seminar. The courses were difficult but doable. Venus had a very good time and I learned to think a little differently. One thing she focused on was making the best line for the dog. Some places I saw it on my own but others I didn't and I would have handled it in a way that was tougher for the dog.
Remember how hyped up I said Venus was at the warm up jump during the last trial? Well since she is really liking agility this excitment is becoming her usual thing. I didn't warm up with a jump with her at the seminar, and that was a huge mistake. The course was jump then a-frame and that's as far as we got. Venus flew over the jump, up the a-frame, over the top, and never touched the down side. She was ok and didn't really seem bothered by her fall other than maybe that was a bad idea.
Despite being hyped she still listens which surprises me. Silvia liked her speed and thought we could get some nice times. She also said I need to quit trying to slow her down and control her, lol. I am still having a hard time with Venus' speed but it's getting better. I didn't video because it looked like most people were wanting to watch and not fool with a video camera.

Then last night was a lesson with Ronda. Venus had some nice runs and started off with nice weave poles. The longer we worked the worse they got though. She started a little out of control on the teeter and tire, but she did some very pretty a-frames. We have our next lesson the end of March with her.

We have a trial in Charlotte, NC this weekend. It will be Venus' first 2 day trial. We'll see how that goes.

And since I haven't posted a video in a while here's one of some things Venus is learning.

Brandy

No comments: